19 February 2010

--another dedication to the runway--

I am so attracted to looks that reflect a different era-- I love when modern couture is reminiscent of 18th century france, when military coats and ruffles resemble a civil war uniform, and I love when high victorian collars are worn with a pair of dark skinny jeans and 4 inch heels. some of these fall collections have created looks that encompass the past while others have literally created a future-- a mix of old-- or the next big thing-- all of them are beautiful--



L'Wren Scott Fall 2010: The antique collars, riding coats, and gentlemen trousers were right on the nail. I really liked the direction this collection was going-- however-- i think toward the end of the show the fabrics and style choices were not cohesive---but the lush silver blue velvetine fabric used in some of the pieces and the dramatic textures (gorgeous) made up for it-- most of the looks were pastel, neutral, and divine--(this collection is definitely vibing the past)



Naeem Khan Fall 2010: Normally I am anti-studs, crystals, etc. I believe simplicity is best-- but this collections detailing was phenomenal. This is one case where I resound to the old saying " more is better"-- I was stunned by the pieces-- it may be time to bring back bedazzling-- trend alert 'embellishments' ( i am calling this one futuristic)


 Oscar de la Renta Fall 2010: You want it, then Oscar has it. Every trend that we have been seeing on the runways was a part of his collection. Mix and matched  patterns, vibrant colors, multiple saturations of the same color, beautiful metallic fabrics, overwhelming embellishments, and powerful pieces that are entirely neutral. I was not blown away with this collection like I was with a few others but that doesn't mean that it was not breathtaking--oh la la


(All pictures linked to style.com)

No comments: